Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Masters of Complication.

It seems that we humans, often including many Christians, are masters of complication. We love to complicate things and we have become very good at it.  Even in the organic church arena we are often doing our best to complicate and debate things that should just flow naturally. Sometimes I just want to yell---"let's just stop thinking so much! Let's get out of our minds in love with Jesus!"

I figure as long as I have a renewed mind I might as well give it a bit of a rest from all that curricular activity. Extra-curricular sounds more appealing now and less stressful. Yes, it's a struggle to hold back that huge muscle in my head but it rather enjoys resting in Jesus and marveling at the works of His hands. Sometimes when my mind starts racing about the exact and proper details of this scripture or that one--or I have the need for another major word breakdown--I stop myself and just view God's handy work. It is quite beautiful and wonderful.

Take time to enjoy the wonders of God. They're pretty cool. I say we do more resting and simple building others up in Him. It's a lot less stressful on the brain. And to me it seems more like what our brains were originally created to do.
Adam and Eve had it made originally--and I want as much of that as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Kids totally get this idea, it's one of my favourite (or favorite :) things about them. We adults would do well to learn from their faith & trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got that right. Like Jesus said--"unless you become like one of these little ones"

    ReplyDelete